Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lt. Governor Shan Tsutsui Reflects on First Six Months on the Job

When United States Senator Daniel Inouye passed away in December 2013, Governor Neil Abercrombie appointed then Lieutenant Governor Brian Schatz to the Senate and asked Shan Tsutsui to take over Schatz’s position. Now, six months later, Shan Tsutsui was asked to reflect a little on his first legislative session. Tsutsui stated, “The governor has just gone out of his way to make sure that I get included on some of the decisions that are being made. He and I meet quite often and I’ll share with him my concerns about maybe a different view or position that it seems the administration is taking where I think it might be better if we look at it from a different way, and he’s taken all of those things into consideration, at least, when he’s making a decision.”
Governor Neil Abecrombie added, “I think it was very, very beneficial to us, as an administration, in terms of going to conference meetings in particular and bringing disparate points of view together and reconciling them with what we’d like to accomplish in the administration. So, he’s been a very, very good partner. He’s been an encouraging one and he has exemplified, as far as I’m concerned, the qualities of leadership that I saw in him when I asked him to become lieutenant governor.”
The two men have stated that they both plan to pursue new terms in their respective positions in the 2014 election.
Source: Honolulu Star Advertiser, 6-9-2013, www.staradvertiser.com
Posted by Jeff Uyemura-Reyes, Broker-in-Charge, Realtor®
Global Executive Realty, LLC
www.myhawaiihomesearch.com
www.myhawaiicondo.com
www.myhawaiidreamhome.com